Student education is an investment in the future, yet students are burdened with £25,000 of debt before they can even set foot on the property ladder and make their way in the world!
They are becoming enslaved to the banking system. We want to focus people and society towards an appreciation of quality of life, and away from the constant pursuit of money and the interests of the banking system.
Our publicly-created, debt-free money proposals have the potential to ensure full student grants for all and bursaries targeted at students and apprentices who are studying and training in needed subjects and skills.
- Full and free student grants and tuition fees for everyone.
- Oppose top-up fees, throughout the UK.
- Academic travelling expenses reimbursed in full and not conditional upon receiving a student loan.
- All students in full time education to receive half-price public transport on buses and trains across Scotland.
- Bursaries targeted at students and apprentices who are studying and training in needed skills and professions.
- Employers encouraged to train and apprentice young people, rather than importing already-trained people from abroad.